US authorities investigate claimed fight on Hong Kong-flag bulker off Delaware
- OSG secures finance and exits Chapter 11
- Judge sides with Genco
- Genco case highlights conflict over shipping companies valuation
Danish line unlikely to order more tonnage before 2017 and rules out acquisitions...UPDATE: Maersk says 2M will not require...
Deal funded through Oaktree and Angelo Gordon loanStar Bulk spells out its consolidation aims...
But repayment pressure is still high for loss-making carrierBox line reliability still lags behind 2013...
Owner hails 32% leap in revenues as fleet expandsNavios Acquisition buys another very large crude carrier
Simpler vessel sharing agreement only needs US clearance, Nils Andersen confirms as line posts better-than-expected profits
More World Market Data
|Tuesday 19 August 14||380cst
The Week on Wall Street | August 8
Eagle Bulk restructuring in full flight while others jet off on holiday
P3 is dead. Long live C3?
Box network formed by three Chinese state giants on China-Japan trade faces scrutiny
StealthGas warns on second-quarter profit
Analyst sees move to bigger LPG carriers as ‘positive development’
- Bergen Group offloads shipbuilding division
- Terminal and liner divisions drive up Maersk profits
- Hamburg on course for record year
- Molaris-led Product Shipping eyes IPO
TSA plans $600 hike from September
Transpacific lines to push rates up again claiming that lines are struggling to...
- Cosco International upbeat after strong first-half results
- Qingdao port faces lawsuits amid loan fraud probe
- Bank of Communications linked to order for 19,000 teu MSC pair
- NYK, MOL warned of downgrade risks due to LNG investments
California box ports see growth slow in July
Los Angeles and Long Beach report increases of 0.25% and 3.7% respectively
- Gulftainer looks to expand its US footprint beyond Canaveral
- Savannah’s monthly traffic surges to an all-time high
- American Shipping Co continues to enjoy robust Jones Act product tanker market
- Record US imports forecast as west coast negotiations continue
Recent Regional News
Use the map to find the last month's news, analysis and comment by region.
Newsmaker of the Year shortlist
Now is your chance to vote for the 2014 Newsmaker of the Year.
The Containerisation International reader survey
Tell us what you think of our coverage and you could win an iPad mini
New trade patterns feed tankers
Tankers can’t simply rely on oil supply growth, it’s all about changing trade...
- Aiyetoro emerges as Nigeria piracy capital
- Multi-billion dollar Kenyan port gains Chinese investment
- Fresh cargoes for tankers as Shell’s Nigeria deepwater project launches
- Crews calling in west Africa face ebola risk, shipping groups warn
VLCC oil storage and long-term charters: two key developments to boost spot market earnings
Are we about to see some major spot market earning spikes for the big 2m-barrel...
- Zim turns its attention to alliances after restructuring
- India to reform state port tariffs
- Painful few days ahead for VLCCs on spot market
- Canal, plus — Egypt unveils plans for a second waterway through Suez
CSAV capital increase sets up Hapag-Lloyd merger
Capitalisation raises $202m and fulfils conditions for merger with German...
- Vale vow to double Chinese iron ore shipments could be blessing for capesize owners
- US regulators approve the merger of CSAV and Hapag-Lloyd
- Offshore vessel contract points to South American tanker opportunities
- Panama Canal expansion back on track