UPDATED: German carrier says deal will strengthen South American liner network
- Mediterranean Shipping Co leads the race to expand boxship fleets
- CSAV and Hapag-Lloyd plan major fleet investments after merger
- Hamburg CSAV staff fear for jobs
Further litigation likely in battle over sale of panamax fleetIt’s time to pick your partners as private...
Shipment angers BaghdadTanker cargoes disrupted as Yemeni pipeline...
Influential state broadcaster reports the alliance could mean price hikes for...From P3 to 2M: a China story
The move would open the way for P&I and oil-cargo insurancePayment worries dent Iranian cargoes’ appeal to tanker owners
Shipping giant joins the growing list of lines planning a price hike from next week
More World Market Data
|Friday 25 July 14||380cst
Everything you need to know on the new partnership between Maersk and MSC
’Tis the season to be silly
Summer brings the media’s annual flood of improbable stories — but are they all really a laughing matter?
Capital Maritime Partners boosts operating profits
Revenues climb due to bigger fleet as owner plots boxship and tanker additions
- Panalpina volumes rise but profits slide
- Emerging economies boost Barcelona box traffic
- The company results round-up
- Containers weekly analysis: Inactive fleet declines
Hyundai Glovis reports six-month growth in net profit of 55%
Automotive and dry bulk growth boosts Seoul-listed logistics firm’s earnings
- ICTSI secures $350m credit facility
- Samsung Heavy Industries back in the black
- From P3 to 2M: a China story
- Capesize market stalls despite lower iron ore prices feeding China demand
Capital Product buys five ships from its sponsor company
Deal worth $312m includes three boxships to be chartered by CMA CGM and two...
- TAL sees leasing revenues increase but income slides
- Hapag-Lloyd warns of congestion at US and Canadian ports
- South Carolina savours a rise in container traffic
- APMT affirms its commitment to the US despite agreeing to sell Virginia
Recent Regional News
Use the map to find the last month's news, analysis and comment by region.
The Week on Wall Street | July 25
Scorpio’s access to Kexim funding highlights a bifurcated financing market
What next for CMA CGM?
Could it team up with UASC and CSCL to create a four-way alliance battle?
DVB Bank study pours cold water on suezmax hopes
Report argues that despite the positives, real recovery will materialise only...
- Suezmax earnings cool as West African chartering slows
- Libya aframax fixture points to tanker opportunities
- Djibouti attempts to withdraw DP World Doraleh terminal concession
- Nigeria must raise its game on piracy, UK Chamber of Shipping demands
Better demand at home, in Asia and in Europe boosts DP World volumes
Container traffic rises 11% to 29m teu in first-half of the year leaving port...
- MOL fixture boosts VLCC market rate
- Libya pledge boosts aframax earnings on cross-Mediterranean trade
- Zim records a strong environmental performance
- Milaha sees net profit dip
Vale reports record iron ore production in second quarter
Better weather and production ramp-ups lead to output of 79.5m tonnes
- North Europe-South America capacity cuts
- Vale secures $7.5bn from Chinese lenders despite valemax ban
- Nicaragua canal route approved
- Brazil’s oil exports disappointing for tankers